Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 13, 2011

What Are You Afraid Of?

"All of our fears are sinful and cowardly, and we create our own fears by refusing to nourish ourselves in our faith. How can anyone who is identified with God and His Christ suffer from doubt, fear, or recreancy! Our lives should be an absolute hymn of praise resulting from perfect, irrepressible, triumphant belief.". -Oswald Chambers & The Brotha


Yeshua
Who are we fooling we when we say that we believe but then turn around and become afraid, fearful, or ashamed of who and who's we are.  We turn our backs on The Creator when we do not allow him to totally dwell in us in every aspect of our lives.  If shirk in the face of the powers and pressures of man; Are we truly being the witnesses that God has commissioned us to be?  Are we truly reflecting and relying on the Spirit of God and the example of the Son of God to be our salvation, protection, and guide?  The answer is an emphatic no!   When we allow fears to creep in, we become weak and afraid to say, Thus says the Lord because we do not want offend anybody--we rather play it safe.  

Power
"We should battle through our moods, feelings, and emotions into absolute devotion to The Most High and His Reminder.  We must break out of our own little world of experience into abandoned devotion to Him."  Yeshua (Jesus) was God Incarnate when he came on the scene 2000 years ago, he was able to be himself on the bases that he was sent from the Father.  Which is why he could pronounce "My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.  I and the Father are one" (John 10:30 ESV).  Which denotes that his power and authority are in unity with and come from The Father.  Furthermore whom in which The Father has given power and authority to shall never avoid or be afraid of the powers and forces of the world-- thus we cannot be afraid to suffer in God's name.  Therefore we must always consistently put our trust and faith in God and His Christ--not in some fictitious mysterious delusional god who never is tangible.  Even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will bless you for it.  So do not worry or be afraid of their power.  Instead, you must worship God as The Most High God of your life.  And if someone ask you about your faith in Him always be ready to bear witness--just as Jesus did.

We should never be afraid of our relationship with God and His Christ.  And if we are criticized, treated unfairly or even threatened because of our belief in God and His Christ, we should respond with deference and never become defensive.  You should never be afraid to represent Him and "Accept Your Own" and "Be Yourself!"  It is better to suffer for the cause of God than for the cause of God to suffer because you are too afraid and weak to stand up in His name!

Peace & Understanding, The Brotha

Also see *http://thebrotha1.blogspot.com/2010/08/why-suffer.html -Why Suffer


Scriptural & Literary Support

Later the LORD spoke to Abram in a vision, "Abram, don't be afraid! I will protect you and reward you greatly."  -Gen 15:1 CEV


Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. -Duet 6:4 NIV

He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him." -John 3:2 NIV

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. -John 14:12 NIV


"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. -John 14:28 NIV

what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? -John 10:36 NIV

that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. -John 17:21 NIV

"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. -Acts 2:22 NIV

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. 1 Corinthians 11:3 ESV

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. -2 Corinthians 4:4 NIV

Say: O Allah (God), Master of the Kingdom! Thou givest the kingdom to whomsoever Thou pleasest and takest away the kingdom from whomsoever Thou pleasest, and Thou exaltest whom Thou pleasest and abasest whom Thou pleasest in Thine hand is the good; surety, Thou hast power over all things. -Surah 3:26

When Allah will say: O Isa (Jesus) son of Marium (Mary)! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, when I strengthened you I with the holy Spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel); and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: This is nothing but clear enchantment. -Surah 5:110

And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things. -Surah 5:116

And among men is he who says: We believe in Allah (God); but when he is persecuted in (the way of) Allah (God) he thinks the persecution of men to be as the chastisement of Allah (God); and if there come assistance from your Lord, they would most certainly say: Surely we were with you. What! is not Allah (God) the best knower of what is in the breasts of mankind. -Surah 29:10

The great fearful event shall not grieve them, and the angels shall meet them: This is your day which you were promised. -Surah 21:103




"Your gonna die anyway, you might as well die standing up for the truth and liberation of your people." -Farrakhan


"If your afraid to stand up for truth and liberation, then get outta the damn way!" -Farrakhan

"Even when our situation looks difficult, we can trust that God is leading. He already knows what we’ll need when we get there." -Excerpt from Our Daily Bread 11/12/11

I know not by what methods rare

The Lord provides for me;
I only know that all my needs
He meets so graciously. —Adams

"Facing an impossibility gives us the opportunity to trust God." -Excerpt from Our Daily Bread 11/12/11

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...