Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Do You Know What You Are Smoking, Man?

With so many voices and opinions out there, sometimes all you need is the knowledge to make your own decisions. -Go to link: Above The Influence


Say No
I was never one to fully engage in smoking weed as a teen, I just got high of contact *(Smile :-)!  Seriously, the older dudes I hung out with in my hood made me put the joint down because they said it wasn't me--even though they were straight up "weed heads"!  They may not be aware of what they did for me, but I am deeply indebted to those brothers because since that day I have never picked up a joint again!

This is just an observation:

Today's youth are becoming more an more engaged and are not as lucky as I once was to have guys I looked up to guide me on the right path.  The marijuana the youth are smoking today is not like the ganja folk had access to back in the day.  It doesn't even smell the same.  Today, the marijuana they have is being spiked with a variety of chemicals or as the teens it is being "stepped on."  The chemicals they are putting on the weed is causing a type of "slow death" to sort of speak and they are getting addicted to it--something unheard of in my day.

Purple Kush
Young people today have become so addicted to marijuana and in order to just function on a daily bases they have to do what is called a "wake & bake."  They have come up with all type of interesting names for the marijuana according to the affect it has or high it makes them "Kush," "Reggie," "Loud," and "Purple" to name a few.  This trend will eventually lead them to much harder drugs causing an even deeper problem and epidemic.

The so called "War On Drugs," has decimated both Black and Brown communities through mass incarceration in particularly young males.  The "War On Drugs," was the pretext to take young Black and Brown men off the streets at an alarming rate.  Many of the arrests and jail time given have been unjust.  However so, we have been responsible for our own demise by continuing to engage in such behaviors that are adverse to our productivity.  We cannot continue to tread down this destructive path or else we will surely continue to pay a devastating price.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...