Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Past Daily Devotionals...... In no particular order

8/24/2010
Task Tuesday! 1. A piece of work assigned or done as part of one's duties. 2. A difficult or tedious undertaking. 3. A function to be performed; an objective. The Creator requires of us an assignment, a function to be performed that is very tedious. Question is are we up to the task?

8/23/2010
Productive Monday! Thanking God for allowing positive productivity to take place on this day!

8/22/2010
Superfluous Sunday! God's love is so superfluous because it extends his mercy and grace to us because in reality with all of the wickedness we see and do today he could crush this world at anytime. Which is why we have to be in total submission to Him and His Christ at all times. And the only way we can do that is by humbling ourselves before his Majesty!

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 1 Peter 4:17

Evil is that for which they have sold their souls -- that they should deny what Allah has revealed, out of envy that Allah should send down of His grace on whomsoever of His servants He pleases; so they have made themselves deserving of wrath upon wrath, and there is a disgraceful punishment for the unbelievers. Surah 2:90

"We're afraid to walk with Jesus because we're afraid to go through what he had to go through..."  "We can't get to perfection until we get to correction." -Farrakhan

8/21/2010
Super Saturday! The brotha is standing on the promises of God patiently. Never forgetting that the Almighty has the brothas' back no matter the situation! No worries God's gatcha!

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God. —Carter

All of God’s promises are backed by His wisdom, love, and power. -RBC Ministries

8/20/2010
It's Fulfilling Friday! Fulfilling: Making someone satisfied or happy because of fully developing their character or abilities. Nuff said! That's what God and His word does for us! TGIF!

8/19/2010
Titanic Thursday! Today's a big day for you and me to Live life to the fullest, "Carpe diem quam minime credula postero." Be Blessed Family...

8/18/2010
Wonderful Wednesday! Another opportunity to get better and grow as a man! As a work in progress I keep striving to do what I am suppose to do on this day and I realize it's a wonderful day to be alive even in this time of peril and crisis that we live in. Because the Almighty God is still in control!

Scriptural Footnotes:

Cause me to hear Your loving kindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You. Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies In You I take shelter. Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God. Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness. (Ps 143:8-10 NIV)

8/17/2010
Thunderous Tuesday! Know that God is in charge and be sure that you have the Power & Victory in His name no matter the circumstances! God is the Greatest! Let's get it!

Scriptural Footnotes:

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13 NIV)

And every one has a direction to which he should turn, therefore hasten to (do) good works; wherever you are, Allah (God) will bring you all together; surely Allah (God) has power over all things. (Holy Quran Chap 2:148)

8/16/2010
Meticulous Monday! God's love and will in our lives is very detailed and precise when we totally trust and lean on Him. Thinking about the example that Christ showed us it's obvious that this is so! Happy Monday FB fam!

8/15/2010
Stupendous Sunday! The astounding and marvelous force of The Almighty truly leaves me in complete awe! Try and trust God in all that you do... sell out for Him and he won't leave ya hangin'! That's "real talk" as the young ppl say!

8/14/2010
Stupendous Saturday! On my way to practice... the kids are still funny! Thinkin' back to some of the stuff I use to pull to get out of practice when I was a FRESHMAN!!! :-) The Creator is doing His thing over my life! Whatever the situation just know that "this to shall pass" and allow the Creator to help u See It Through and Never, Never Give Up!

8/13/2010
Fabulous Friday! The brotha is up in thought and prayer! Headed to dialysis at the crack of dawn! Then off to coach football with the youngin's! A full day indeed...brotha is glad he is good n busy!!! TGIF!!!
Ps 112 NIV

8/12/2010
Tremendous Thursday! The power of the Almighty is very present in the brothas' life... I'm on the move! Ex 15:2, Ps 27:1, Isaiah 41:10

8/11/2010
Wonderful Wednesday! Peace and success to all who will be fasting during the month of Ramadan! Regardless if your a Jew, Christian, or Muslim fasting is a beautiful way to be come one with self and The Creator. To God be the Glory!

Scriptural Footnotes:

‎“Moreover, when you fast, do not be like the hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. -Matt 6:16-18 NKJV

"O you who believe, fasting is prescribed for you, as it was prescribed for those before you, so that you may guard against evil." Holy Qur'an 2:183

Abraham/Ibrahim, Moshe/Moses, Yeshua/Isa/Jesus, and Muhmmad Ibn Abdullah (PBUT).... If these great men were on this stage today not one of would be at variance with the other--they all belonged to the same school..." -HMLF

8/10/2010
Tremendous Tuesday! The brotha is keepin' it movin' in a positive n productive direction. The brotha is really embracing this servant leadership concept. But dealing with the people is more than full time job! :-) God is Great!

8/9/2010
Mindful Monday... Woke up feel'n good knowing that I am not perfect and that I make mistakes but I strive to be like and follow Yeshua/Isa/Jesus knowing that I must deny self daily and pick up my own cross! That's the goodness of Yah/Yahweh/Allah/Jah/Jehovah/God's Word, Mercy, and Grace which ultimately equals his Love for us! Check it I'm not some holier than thou type of dude but I recognize when the spirit is moving and all I can do is fall under submission and keep it 100 (as the kids say) with God's movement in my life! Study Ps 34:1 NKJV

That's why we strive here on earth regardless of our heavenly reward that is awaiting us up above. There is still work to do on this earth that we as believers must not neglect!

Let me add on more... so here's the beauty of Mary ska Our Lady of Mt. Carmel aka Mary/Marium the Holy Mother (PBUH) and the prayer of Hail Mary and why at the end of the prayer we ask her to pray for us that I didn't realize while in theology class at MC--something that I thought was just a learned tradition in Catholicism. "Any woman who goes through the unpleasant pain of child birth in God's eyes is regarded as the most sacred of all his creations." Why? Because through the womb of a woman the prayers of the righteous for deliverance are answered. Which is why Jesus' birth was most important and any birth that answers the cry of the righteous for deliverance from the ills and wiles of this world is important. This is why souls like MLK Jr., Malcolm X, Ghandi, Mother Teresa, etc. have come on the scene because they all were and continue to be great examples of deliverance. Whether the world fully agreed with their stance or not they all are in the line of Jesus because the rulers of his day didn't fully agree with him either. They were spiritual warriors! Some of us may not want to admit it but we have some among us now who we know are anointed by the Almighty but because they buck the system and don't follow tradition we tend to shy away from them out of fear. Ok! I won't go any further! I'm off the soapbox for now! :-)-Bro. Lamon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...