Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mental Slavery

Brain in Chains
Damn! Why can't I free myself from this Mental Slavery? I'm trapped and I can't get out!!!

See most of us think, myself included that it was "The White Man" holdin' us back!!! But when I finally realized, I found out it was really us who's holdin' us back, not "The White Man!"

Too many times before; you, and I, blamed "The White Man" for our screw-ups, Fuc%ups, mess-ups, & the Bull Sh$t mentality you, and I have!

Now, don't get it twist... "The White Man," and others have played a major roll in our demise as history has taught us, but today the onus is on us!!! "The White Man," is not forcing us to rob, kill, steal, and shoot one another, nor get twisted back!

Hon. Marcus Mosiah Garvey
See, learning to accept responsibility for our thoughts, actions, and ways... for some damn reason is hard for us to admit. Huh, I guess some body has to take the blame other than us (you know)!

I'll tell your what I do know, you and I must free ourselves from this Mental Slavery some way some how--or else we will continue to die!!! (c)

Lamon Caldwell II
Original Composed 2005
Edited 2010
Re-Edited 2013
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...